A unique experience
- The HRD Awards introduce young designers to the international jewellery scene.
- This international competition is open to all.
- Participation is free of charge (on an individual basis only).
- The competition offers a promotional platform and stimulates creativity.
- This is a unique opportunity to experiment with diamonds.
- The winning collection will be exhibited and promoted worldwide at exhibitions, international jewellery shows, events and galleries.
- A jury of internationally renowned diamond experts will judge your design.
The winning design will be awarded with a cash prize of 10,000 USD. The four finalists will get 2,500 USD each.
Grand finale and award ceremony
A scintillating celebration and top networking event that gathers captains of industry, the fine fleur of the international diamond and jewellery world, international media and trade press as well as the five finalists.
A LA CARTE | A Culinary Diamond Journey, your food for thought
Food and culture: Our relationship with food is complex. From biological to cultural, from nutritional to symbolic. Our cultural identity depends on food. What we eat defines who we are.
Your challenge: To explore Earth's inexhaustible wealth of flavours and tastes; to cook an exquisite dish and translate your mouth-watering recipe into a unique piece of diamond jewellery that makes us crave more.
Your inspiration: Your favourite dish, smell, taste, ... Your grandmother's kitchen secrets, odours that take you back in time, the past recaptured and seasoned with local ingredients.
The icing on the cake: Your unique design commercialised. In cooperation with a jewellery manufacturer, your unique jewellery design can be translated into a commercial line. A unique partnership between HRD Antwerp, the jewellery manufacturer and the designer.
Win-win: An agreement will be drawn up to the benefit of all partners involved (manufacturer/retailer will pay x% royalty to the designer and y% to HRD Antwerp). Jewels sold need to be accompanied by a customised HRD Antwerp Diamond Certificate or a Diamond Jewellery Report with reference to the HRD Awards.